High school. I just can't wait to graduate. I'm so tired of busywork, of all the made up drama, of all the attention seekers, of all the people who act like they're still five years old, of all the teacher's who think they know everything about your life and try to control it, and especially, of all the judgment. There is so much prejudice in high school - as in stereotyping, not racism.
I was voted 'class quietest'. But why do so many people assume, since I don't talk much during school, that I'm like that all the time? They think that I don't have fun outside of school, that I'm sheltered, and a 'goody-two-shoes'.
It's not necessarily a bad stereotype, but that doesn't make it true. I'm just not one of those people that's satisfied spending my Friday nights on homework. I'm not even close to what most people think.
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hear you. I was also a quiet one in high school. I remember listening to somebody describe me once. I had no idea who they were talking about. "She loves to go to the library, read, and babysit every weekend."
Post a Comment