Not being able to drive after nine until you're eighteen or have taken Driver's Ed. is insanely dumb. Not only is it a very useless law, but it's wicked annoying.
I know 'it's dark outside' and 'teens get drowsy' late at night, but driving restrictions at nine are not the answer. It gets dark long before nine most of the year, and we all know how to use our headlights. Most people my age are awake well into the night as well, and not even close to tired when it's only nine. Plus, if you're coming home from work, you can drive that late; people who work while going to school are much more drowsy by nine than those who only have school. But, most importantly, I find it much easier to drive at night; there's never any traffic, and being surrounded by darkness helps me to focus on what's important, the road.
With this being said, it is so annoying trying to convince my parents to drive me around late at night; it's the time that they prefer I drive myself most. Unlike me, they are both tired at nine; they are both drowsy.
If anything, adults should have late night driving restrictions. They're the ones who need them, not teens.
Actually, it doesn't really matter; I'll be eighteen in two weeks anyway :)
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy almost birthday. I'm amazed at how much driving is controlled in the state of NY. California is totally different. What about Vermont? I was very confused when my oldest son was ready to drive. You have to take this class and that class for this many hours during this time frame. Geez.
Very well said! I concur! Granted, I drove past 9 anyways on my junior license, even though I was strictly told not to. So, not only do people completely disregard that law entirely, but it IS way easier driving at night. I have terrible road rage and a need for speed (I realize that sounds terrible, but I'm safe, I promise!) and the fact that less people drive at night leaves me in a calm driving state. I mean, I actually drive the speed limit at night!!! The reasoning behind that law is absolutely ridiculous. I think that as long as people drive carefully that it's not a problem.
Post a Comment