What is it with guys and cheesy pick up lines? I don't get it. I read somewhere that when a guy uses one, he knows how lame it is, he just wants to make the girl smile. That's kind of retarded. Don't they know that laughing with you and at you are two totally different things? I mean, I like funny guys and all, but I do not find pick up lines attractive.
A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me a text message. It read "Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got fine written all over you." Apparently, he was just really bored. But why the heck would he send me some cheesy line to beat the doldrums? Don't get me wrong, I thought it was hilarious, but he wasn't trying to get me to go out with him! If we hadn't been such good friends I would have thought he was insane!
(Actually, I do think he's a little nuts, but that's not the point.)
Cheesy lines are just such a waste of a first impression - they only make you look like an idiot.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah, pick up lines. Some things never change.
Post a Comment