O.K., seriously, why are some people so stupid? What's so hard to understand about 'I don't like you like that'? I mean come on!
This guy I met like two weeks ago when I went to the movies with a group of friends. We didn't even talk to each other until he was giving me directions to take him home.
When I got home, a friend of mine asked if it was O.K. to give him my number. I didn't really understand why he wanted it, I mean, we definitely didn't hit it off! But, I didn't want to be mean, so I told her it was fine. Then, right away, he started texting me. He must have sent me fifty texts within the hour. In this time, I found out that not only was he barely sixteen, and unable to hold any sort of intelligent conversation, but he had completely failed ninth grade the year before.
He continued texting me for the next week or so. I thought it was a little weird, I mean, I didn't (and still don't) even remember what he looks like, but I didn't want to be mean and tell him to leave me alone. Finally he decided that we should do something again. He asked if my friend and I wanted to go to the mall and to lunch with one of his friends that Saturday. Although I wasn't really interested, I thought I'd be nice and go; I usually go to the mall with friends on Saturdays anyway.
What I didn't know was that he assumed this was a date (we all know what happens when one assumes). When I found out, I quickly made up an excuse to get out of going. I hate confrontation, and I did not want to tell him all about how unattractive I find him.
He figured out about my excuse (I'm an awful liar), and he asked how I felt about him, why I would cancel plans. I apologized and told him that I'm not into dating younger guys (I wasn't feeling cruel enough to elaborate on the rest). He said that it was fine, and proceeded to stop texting me...
Until Tuesday. Out of the blue, almost a week later, he asked if I could hang out on the weekend. I thought he meant as friends, I mean, he wasn't suddenly older than me, so why would I change my mind and date him?
I agreed to go to the movies with him.
Then, today I found out that he's even more of an idiot than I thought. He thinks the movie Saturday is a DATE. Seriously. He must be a complete moron.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So I decided that I really have no good advice for you, but just don't stress about it!
I had a similar problem with my snowball date this year. She started to get really clingy after we only hung out a couple of times. I tried letting her down easy but she just couldnt grasp the concept either. So i just told her flat out she blew it and i didnt want to go to the dance with her anymore. Harsh, but effective. Hopefully she learned from the experience and gives the next guy some space.
Post a Comment